The common misconception is that in order to lose weight you have got to starve yourself and go on some extreme diet.
However when you look at the people who attempt to lose weight this way you can surely realise that it doesn’t work.
Anyone who tries to starve themselves will usually end up like this:
1. They get so hungry after a few days that they give up and think ‘i’ll start again on Monday’
2. They use will power to push through the hunger and cravings and lose a few pounds over a week or 2. Then over the next week they don’t lose any weight. they get dejected and give up.
3. They eat so little calories that they get cranky, moody, lethargic and have no energy to train. Not a nice way to be so they give up.
If any of those sound familiar to you then you’ll know what I’m talking about.
One of the biggest challenges I face with clients and camp members is getting them to eat MORE! Yes that’s right MORE. This works for a number of reasons.
1. When you eat more often you raise your metabolism and burn more caloires over the entire day.
2. When you eat more of the right foods your body gets the nourishment it needs and so stops holding on to body fat. (Body fat is simply stored energy, tell your body you don’t need it and it will go away)
3. When you eat more often you end up eating less. You also get rid of cravings and hunger that would have stopped you before.
4. When you eat the right foods more often you help your body recover from training. When you recover optimally you increase your metabolism and burn more calories 24/7
5. Eating more of the right foods will ensure you have loads of energy and feel good. When you feel like this you will find it much easier to stay motivated and want to keep doing what you are doing.
Oh and in case you were wondering what the ‘right foods’ are I use this rule. If it was made by man don’t eat it 80-90% of the time. Stick with that and you are well on your way to getting great results.